Getting started with Kitty-Item demo project

Hi there,

I am very new to Flow and started with the Kitty-Item project. Followed the instructions to deploy to local dev env. Web server started well, and I can login. Just it does not load data. From the network traffic, it is trying to access port 3000 to read data. However I checked all containers deployed and it does seem to have any service deployed to port 3000. Did I miss any basic thing?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Turned out the api container failed to start:

kitty-items-api@0.0.1 dev /api
tsnd src/index.ts --respawn --dev

sh: tsnd: not found
 npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
 npm ERR! syscall spawn
 npm ERR! file sh
 npm ERR! errno ENOENT
 npm ERR! kitty-items-api@0.0.1 dev: `tsnd src/index.ts --respawn --dev`
 npm ERR! spawn ENOENT
 npm ERR!
 npm ERR! Failed at the kitty-items-api@0.0.1 dev script.
 npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
 npm ERR!     /root/.npm/_logs/2021-08-22T11_52_26_109Z-debug.log

But I have no idea what caused the crash during startup and the npm debug log it mentioned is not present.

@Mackenzie Maybe you know what is going on here?

Pulled the latest code, cleaned up the docker images and rebuilt and the issue is gone. Thanks for looking into.

Bumping this thread as I have a similar issue it seems. I am able to run the web fine and also able to login. But am getting a number of GET errors on :3000 (e.g. when I try to Mint). Similar to poster, it doesn’t seem like the API service is running on that port. When I run the emulator though it prints out a message: API server started and that the api is running on 3000. It’s also not printing out any errors after that it seems. Any ideas?

Of course I figured it out like 5 minutes after I posted - npm rebuild in the API directory fixed everything!

1 Like