How to send transaction with multiple signers using Flow CLI?

Hi. I’ve been playing around with Flow for a few weeks now. I want to send a transaction that accepts multiple signers, which seems to be supported and I can do this from the Flow Playground. I can’t figure out how to send the transaction using Flow CLI though; the help reads like only one signer can be sent as a String, and I have tried various combinations with no luck.

I’ve tried various permutations of things like

--signer acc1 --signer acc2
--signer acc1 acc2
--signer "acc1 acc2"
--signer [acc1, acc2]

and it either complains there aren’t enough authorizers, or there are too many arguments.

I’ve not been able to find anything in the docs on how to do this - are multiple signer transactions supported using Flow CLI?

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Seems like there is no support for that yet :frowning: [0]

[0] flow-cli/internal/transactions/sign.go at 980465a86a38f8440375c4949c54930d1019ea14 · onflow/flow-cli · GitHub

Can you create an issue in the CLI repo for this @wolfhaus? That would be much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Cheers for the reply. Managed to work around using JS SDK for now, multiple signers works fine using that

Yup - here ya go Cannot send a transaction with multiple signers using Flow CLI · Issue #283 · onflow/flow-cli · GitHub

@wolfhaus Thanks for flagging this, we might add support for signing with multiple signers using the send command, but meanwhile, you can achieve the same by using build and send signed commands. Please check the documentation about it here: Build a Transaction with the Flow CLI - Flow Documentation

You would build a transaction and specify multiple authorizers by doing flow build ./tx.cdc --authorizer 0x1 --authorizer 0x2 ... (follow the docs), next you would sign using flow sign and after that you would use the flow send-signed command to broadcast the signed transaction.