Loyalty + community good token (NFT)

Hi, all - this is pretty raw, but here’s a brief overview of what Team #10’s been thinking through - looking forward to hearing your thoughts and questions!
These loyalty and incentivized volunteerism concepts are somewhat in-tandem with a social impact bakery concept (The Love Your Neighbor Baking Co.) I’m soft-launching and a volunteer-matching platform I’m helping develop (https://onflourish.org/).

Loyalty (retail)

• For every $xx worth of LYNBC/retail partner purchases, you receive a token.
    • The more you buy, and the more often you buy, results in your tokens becoming more valuable (rather than receiving more tokens). Rather than generically rewarding purchase behavior (i.e. Starbucks stars, FiveStars points, with standard tier structures), recognizing individual loyalty actions/behavior.

Community good/incentivized volunteerism

• Any time you volunteer with a partner nonprofit organization, you receive x tokens from the organization (depending on the scope of the task/project and time commitment, the organizations will assign the number of tokens).
    • Those tokens must be donated to the partner organization.
    • Partner organizations can “raise” tokens through campaigns for projects/volunteer needs, and donors can purchase/stake tokens specifically for that project if they don’t want to “earn” them through LYNBC/retail partner purchases.
    • When you donate tokens earned through volunteering back to that organization, those tokens increase in redeemable value, which the organization can provide as special bonus rewards or use for themselves (staff/client gifts, etc.).
    • The more you volunteer results in your tokens becoming more valuable (rather than receiving more tokens); the more good you do, the more good you receive.

Redemption
You can redeem tokens for Love Your Neighbor Baking Co./retail partner goods and services, but with certain limitations i.e. tokens received as volunteer rewards can only be redeemed at LYNBC to order gift/care packages for others.

Positive attribution

• Tokens that have had positive utilization have increased inherent value, but there is a limit to the redeemable value.
  • There’s a limit to the value each token can be redeemed for, but no limit to the value each token can hold
    • Can we make individual tokens commodities based on past use and popular demand? i.e. if your favorite celebrity volunteers for a specific cause/organization you support, they would receive the “standard” number of tokens associated with that action, and those tokens could be sold/auctioned by the organization at a separate value to represent the time that celebrity contributed (like an autograph/endorsement of sorts?)
1 Like

Hi @johnfrkim,

I think you’re on to something but from an outsider view it looks like there is some friction. A user will earn his tokens from the organization but is required to donate them back. Are this tokens more like a currency, where each token is equal to each other(fungible) or are tokens unique (non fungible)?

Thanks, @daniel - we’ll work on making that more clear, but volunteers are not required to donate the tokens back to the nonprofit organization.
Volunteers can redeem the tokens through retailers who are participating in the loyalty program, but should they choose to donate the tokens back to further support the nonprofit organization they volunteered with (or, any participating nonprofit organization), the value of those tokens will further increase.
Thus, the value of each token is unique (NFT) based on a combination of individual loyalty actions and any subsequent community good actions.