[NOTE] This is variant of Personal token yield farming idea I posted earlier.
MMT allows whales to create their own personal tokens which they can use to incentivise trading with them such as trade discount, rev share, referral fee etc.
- Collectors who own large set of NBATopshot NFTs (aka whales) and constantly seeking to buy/sell tokens.
How does it work?
Let’s say whale A is a big fan of Brooklyn Nets and he is particularly interested in collecting moment of Spencer Dinwiddie.
The basic minting rules.
The whale A can setup “Brooklyn Nets” trading market where sellers/buyers of Nets card can receive $WhaleA token in the following condition.
Mint 1 $WhaleA token per dollar traded.
So, if a user B buys one item at $30 from $WhaleA, then the user B receives 1x30 = 30 $WhaleA tokens.
You can give any extra rules as follows.
- 1 $WhaleA token per dollar sold by me.
- 1.5 $WhaleA token per dollar I bought.
- 1.8 $WhaleA token per dollar I bought if it’s the moment by Spencer Dinwiddie.
- 0.1 $WhaleA token per dollar if someone else buy/sell moment from me (aka referral)
Setting up benefits of the token
If $WhaleA token has no benefits, no one cares. You can set the following incentive schemes using your $WhaleA token.
- Trade discount for certain items
- Revenue share of the trade profit
- Voting right about the minting and trade reward policy
- Current model has no consideration of token supply. Should it have any?
- Current model has no staking based on duration. Should it add any?
Some token incentive inspirations
- Whale tokens give revenue share of NFTs he owns to his $WHALE token holders.
- Synthetic inflation model dilutes SNX holders who don’t participate in their liquidity mining program.
- Synthetic gave away tokens to other market (Uniswap sETH/ETH) pool to increase the volume.
- $WHALE tokens on Tryroll
- Synthetic (SNX) governance token yield farming.