New to flow, but so eager to contribute

Hi everyone,

I got introduced to flow by the NBA TS product. To me, it seems like the first easy to use / real world use case of NFT’s (and maybe even blockchain in general).
I attended the AMA session via Zoom on 19th and I have to say the welcoming was really warm. Thank you a lot @laynelafrance

As I am only a blockchain enthousiast - but wanting to be more - I’m reading everything I can on flow.
Fyi: I found a dead link on the token economics page to:
https://docs.onflow.org/docs/slashing-conditions

Hope I will be of any value to the flow community soon!

Feel free to give me any advice on how to get involved

5 Likes

Great to have you here, @jerre! Looking forward to seeing your contributions :slight_smile:

What areas are you most interested in?

1 Like

Thank you, @pete!

In general, I’m driven by getting to understand how things work and analysing them. e.g. I’ve studied Electrical Engineering because I wanted to understand how computers are built, how they function and what is possible.

I feel I’m developing the same interest in Flow. If I am allowed to dream, I would see myself learning more and eventually (hopefully) contributing to Flow in one or more of the following ways:

• take part in the discussions about the possibilities of flow and which features it has/will be added in the future
  • help developers/companies build on flow
  • learn about the governance and token economics work and how they are playing out on flow / how the team is deciding on that and how they see the future

of course, I’m first focussing on understanding how Flow works myself. :wink:
at the moment I’m digging into the technical papers and the cadence language.

2 Likes

at the moment I’m digging into the technical papers and the cadence language.

That’s a great place to start!

take part in the discussions about the possibilities of flow and which features it has/will be added in the future

You’re definitely in the right place for that. Make sure to join our Discord server if you haven’t already.

2 Likes

You can definitely find me there! :slight_smile: