This has been an idea i’ve had for a while but this tweet crystallized an MVP idea i’d like to share with yall:
Any teams interested in exploring this idea, let’s chat!
TLDR: reputation-based content network that starts off looking like “Kickstarter for truth / stories”
The idea is to create an easy way for a community to fund deep research projects – blockchain is used for 1) reputation management, so people can track their successes (and failures) across multiple platforms, and 2) fundraising, both in terms of accepting crypto and more importantly in providing tradable value to supporters in the form of NFTs that show the causes you’ve supported!
MVP flow below:
- OPs stake their reputation, seed the pool, then open up to community members to stake funds and support various kinds of truth-finding missions: explaining complex topics, disambiguating between different news sources, deep dive research, etc.
- Each person that joins the pool gets an auto-generated NFT based on how early or late they joined the pool – and the amount they contributed. These NFTs can later be used as access tokens into chat rooms, events, etc. but their primary purpose will be as digital collectibles showing off the different causes the owner has supported. If someone misses out on supporting a specific cause, they can “contribute” to it by buying one of these original NFTs off the original funders, essentially “supporting the supporters”.
- OP takes the time needed to execute the research then posts online for everyone to see. Future visitors can show appreciation by tipping OP to receive a very basic NFT or buying one of the cooler first series ones off an original supporter.
Potential future features:
- Put content behind an unlock-protocol.com-style pay-gate that requires a tip, subscription, or NFT ownership before displaying
- Use the platform to source and pay team members for each project (writers, reporters on the ground, etc) and give them a % of the pool directly
- Flow a % of tips back to NFT owners
- Show “top stories” as most staked, most tipped, most secondary market NFT activity, etc.
- Allow individual fundraisers to add upgraded NFTs