Family Photos NFT

All,

One of my Product ideas involves the creation of family photos (NFT).

Suppose, after a large family reunion, you gather everyone’s photos and create special photo tokens. Return them all back to family randomly, and allow the trading to begin! It would be fun to see who ends up with collecting funny moments, group hugs, etc. This may not be limited to reunions, but separate vacations could be shared, and just neat moments in particular to trade around with family. Cards (NFT) could even be combined?

Appreciate any input, thanks!

5 Likes

@29836 This is a very fun idea and could become quite popular or viral launched / advertised well.
Below are few questions or assumptions I’m adding by extrapolating from your intro. Feel free to elaborate more on those points :slight_smile:

• I guess it is a batch based process where someone creates for example an album placeholder for a specific topic or occasion → all participating members contribute the pictures they believe are best from their perspective
  • In certain cases, like a school re-union or formal events, a photographer or host could publish all pictures and have participants receiving random distributions. In that way some pictures might be worth more to some than others, so as you mentioned people would be incetivized to do p2p trading
  • I assume there would be some a set of parameters available during creation of an album like time to submit, who can submit, max number of pictures per person and so forth?
  • Do you simply shuffle around and redistribute back randomly or would you also create different number of copies per picture submitted so some could be distributed to multiple people, while other might be scarcer to have gamification?

would be very interested to hear more as you develop the idea further

unlocked.
Thank you for the feedback, and yes, I have been toying with some of the points you have made.

• A batch process is a good approach, I like that idea, but an “album” would be a specific topic or occasion. All the stakeholders would be able to contribute, given a timeline, then…

• …the photographer, or caretaker, host if you will, compiles the photos and distributes, randomly (that may be tricky without bias if cannot random generate) and the “cards” go out, exactly, so there is incentive to trade P2P…

• there would be parameters…

• some photos might be generated for all, or near, and SUPER rare moments (photos), and all in between, so not only P2P trading, but also there may be “games” involved on who can complete a themed “deck” or album rather first, or with a specific theme etc.

Thanks for keeping the juices flowing!

This idea sounds really fun! My only question is how using NFT’s opposed to digital photos/folders and photoshop for combining would be more beneficial?

@Steven that’s a great question - I think this idea touches on something that we don’t often get to talk about in this space and that is the value of passing assets on.

In the real world, we have family heirlooms - jewelry, books, furniture, baseball cards - things that get passed down between generations as a point of pride, history, heritage, belonging.

In the digital world, things are very personalized. Our accounts, emails, search is all very much ours (in many cases this is for the better!) but what about when someone passes away. Our digital selves live and die primarily with us. But there could certainly be situations in the not distant future where we value passing our digital selves on. Rather than sharing a record collection we share our spotify account.

I think @29836 is onto something with the idea that family’s could memorialize themselves through their pictures and that the unique value of doing that on a decentralised infrastructure might be the ability to pass them on! (This is a future cadence concept - the idea that accounts are managed by multiple users - but we’ll get to it!)

1 Like

Love this idea! Gives us an opportunity to pass along some really sentimental memories/moments in a way we’ve never been able to before :+1:

I’ll pass this awesome playground example along (credit to @avcd on Discord (original developer) and @daniel for sharing):

It’s a cool approach for sharing collections of photos. Hopefully it sparks some more ideas for your project! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Steven,
It is a good question. I think the power of the idea lies within the individual, to “own”, or directly be vested in the memory, and where such memory will unfold in the future. In addition, the collective family ownership, community, empowers all, as individuals and a unit. Its a win win. I have not witnessed such empowerment, wither individually “my photo” or collectively “our photo albums” in any other platform.
Thanks again, please contribute anytime, much appreciated!

1 Like

laynelafrance,
Yep, you are seeing the big picture, and I agree. Why not create a digital legacy that will continue to be held and cherished by the stakeholders, the families. As we progress as a world to digital, remnants of ancestry will be very valid and important. The idea is a gateway to many outcomes. First, I am here because I view you all as leading experts in the industry, so I look to you all for support to launch a meaningful progression to ownership of family “things”.

1 Like

I could not agree more with your statement. Excited to see your idea unfold. I’ll definitely contribute where I can! :+1:

1 Like

What if you bring this idea out during NBA games too, to use the NBA TopShot fanbase. So let’s say a family goes to an NBA game and then they can take a picture from that legendary game let’s say Kobe’s last game and then live forever on a card like an NBA top shot moment, to get the fans more involved on the action. It can be like photo booths at the games but with more utilization. This is just a cray idea I’m throwing out lol but love your idea and you can make it videos like those moving pictures from Harry potter. But ill stop now :rofl::rofl::rofl:!

1 Like

You are all amazing and the input is nothing short of FANTASTIC!

GodHype, This is Great!

1 Like